Asia Philanthropy Awards Program provides a platform for identifying and recognizing individual or NPO who contribute their time and ability to enhance philanthropy across Asia or for Asia.
Statement of Purpose
1. “APA Program” means all aspects, and phases, and all activities related to the program, from the point when applications are submitted to the point when awards are fully distributed.
2. “APAJC” is a group of about 100 professionals in nonprofit area assembled by APA (Asia Philanthropy Awards) first to screen applications and select finalists in each award categories.
1. Be an individual or a NPO/NGO in Asia or have a program(s) for Asia.
2. Be a representative that is 20 years of age or older except for nominees of ‘Youth Philanthropists of the Year’ which is between 7 to 23 years of age as of every year
3. Completely fill out all of the applications required.
4. Comply with all rules, restrictions, and processes written in these official Rules
1. An individual can apply/be nominated up to 2 categories and can be a winner of more than one category.
2. Participants must first complete REGISTRATION before the deadline. This includes any kinds of updates or revisions. Failing to meet this deadline result in ineligibility for the APA Program.
3. After the registration, the top 3 applicants within each category will be selected by the APAJC using our judging criteria.
4. The APAJC will determine the 6 winners (one winner in each category) among 18 finalists.
5. The final award winners will be announced at the Asia Philanthropy Awards ceremony
Participant Conduct Rules
1. Each Participant is responsible for complying fully with the Official Rules of Asia Philanthropy Awards Program. Failure to do so may result in disqualification from the APA Program.
2. APA Program strictly prohibits each applicant from following:
- Interfering, in any way, with the legitimate administration of the APA Program.
- Using any technological device in order to neutralize or evade security measures put in place by APA to protect the integrity of the Asia Philanthropy Awards Program.
- Including false or misleading information in a submission or any other materials submitted to APA Program.
- Violating any third party’s rights, including rights protected by the Copyright Laws of South Korea, in terms of submitting or participating in the APA Program.
- Engaging in conduct which raises material questions about the Participant’s honesty, integrity, or character or which may subject the APA Program to disrepute by association.
- Engaging in, or encouraging others to engage in, conduct that violates the law or another party’s legal rights.
- Making false or materially misleading statements, or omissions, when asked to respond to a complaint or other inquiry from APA.
- Engaging in any act, course of conduct, or omission that APA reasonably believes to be inconsistent with the spirit of the APA Program, or its fair administration.
- Using any aspect of the APA Program as a platform for political advocacy or advancing a partisan agenda.
- Discriminating against, disparaging or denigrating anyone on account of race, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, political orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status or mental or physical disability.
- Disparaging or denigrating a product, service, person, company or organization including, but not limited to, APA and its partners.
- Promoting or advocating for a religion or any particular religious point of view in connection with the APA Program, or engaging in proselytizing, which includes but is not limited to, acts meant to advance a religious denomination or expand its membership or encourage conversion.
3. APA has the rights to determine whether or not an applicant has violated one of foregoing rules or any other provision of this agreement.
4. All participants agree to grant APA a license to copy, store, transmit, publish, publicly display, publicly perform, and otherwise use this content or information to further the purpose of the APA Program and APA.
5. All tax obligations, which may arise or relate to receipt of any prizes, which may be offered in APA Program, are the sole responsibility of the Participant.
6. Technical Problems
- APA assumes no responsibility for errors in transmission, interruptions in service, or other technical errors or delays, which could affect the APA Program.
- Interruptions or errors may arise from, among other things, high volumes of Internet traffic to the APA website, failures in the Participant’s Internet service, unauthorized intervention by third parties, or other technological problems.
7. If, for any reason, the APA Program is not capable of running as planned, because of reasons below (but not limited to), APA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify, or suspend the APA Program without liability of any kind to Participants.
- Computer Virus, bugs, tampering, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes
8. Any prizes, which may be offered in APA Program, are the sole responsibility of the Participant and APA does not provide warranty of any kind
9. If there is false or misleading information which includes any paragraph, term, sentence, phrase, clause or word which shall be void, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining terms and provisions hereof shall be unimpaired and shall remain in full force and effect, and the illegal, invalid, or unenforceable provision or term shall be replaced by a term or provision that is valid and enforceable and that comes closest to expressing the intention of such invalid or unenforceable term or provision.
10. Winners will be displayed on the APA website
11. Additional Terms
- If a Participant becomes one of the finalists of APA Program, APA reserves rights to request for more forms completion if necessary.
- The winners agree to grant APA rights to publish names of the winners on APA website.
- All nominees must read and agree with ‘Personal Information Usage Agreement’ to participate APA Program.
* All Participants agree to follow the Official Rules.
* APA Official rules may change in terms of time, disaster, and other occasions.